Thomas M. Zaino - Speaker
Are You Ready for Municipal Income Tax Uniformity? - Dec. 7th 10:30am - Track 1, Session 2
• Discuss the law’s major provisions.
• Discover changes adopted under Ohio’s latest budget bill and review various proposed model ordinances.
• Explore new affidavits that might save you time and money.
Steve K. Hall - Speaker
New Issues for 2015 Tax Returns: Ohio Pass-Through Entity Tax and Ohio Personal Income Tax Update - Dec. 7th 2:30pm - Track 1, Session 12
• Discuss the new flat 3% tax on certain business income.
• Examine the Ohio Small Business Deduction and Ohio PTE “related member” adjustments.
• Explore Ohio’s bright-line residency law change.
Adam L. Garn - Speaker
Multi-State Tax Update - Dec. 8th 10:30am - Track 2, Session 18
• Discuss the multi-state tax developments from the past year.
• Review legislation from the past year and recent court decisions.
• Discover new opportunities to reduce multistate tax exposure.
Denise A. Torrell - Speaker
R&D Tax Credits - Dec. 8th 10:30am - Track 4, Session 20
• Explore the Research and Development (R&D) credit and incentive opportunities from both a federal and state perspective.
• Examine practical considerations, including gathering the data, reviewing contracts and defending the positions upon audit.
• Review technical issues, including the R&D credit on software and proposed Ohio legislation.
Debora D. McGraw - Speaker
Ohio Small Business Tax Update - Dec. 8th 12:45pm - Track 2, Session 22
• Examine misconceptions about the small business deduction.
• Discuss the practical implications of municipal income tax reform.
• Explore common audit controversies.
John R. Trippier - Speaker
Jennifer R. Turner - Speaker
Navigating Ohio’s Audit Process - Dec. 8th 2:10pm - Track 1, Session 25
• Review the procedures, forms, letters, agreements and workpapers used by the Ohio Department of Taxation.
• Discover tips for dealing with auditors and avoiding audit problems.
• Learn best practices to streamline the audit process